5.3-R PXE installation

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 5 11:11:59 PST 2004

Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to setup PXE istallation for new server. Up to pxeboot everything
goes smoothly. pxeboot mounting NFS root successively; however, it immediately
whines with

Loader version 1.1+ required
Aborted!
start not found

then it loads kernel (which I gunzipped from kern.gz from floppies)
successfully, draws '|', reinitializes keyboard, hangs for about 10-20 secs and
silently reboots. The same effect if using kernel from miniinst/fixit CD.

Any clues?

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                        [DM5020, MCK-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]