My freebsd dream

braulio at solsoft.co.cr braulio at solsoft.co.cr
Wed Dec 1 16:03:33 PST 2004

Good evening...

> Hello :)
>
>> As a latinamerican a dream
>> I have a dream....
>
> Dreams are useless until you work towards approaching them. Maybe the
> both of you can work together and accomplish your dreams or help others
> do this for you.
>
> I urge you to check
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing/index.html
> out. -hackers@ is meant for technical discussion, maybe post again with
> a contribution or an offer to catalyze the development of contributions
> :)
>
> Thanks, and good luck.

There is some much we could say about dreams that I will not start my
reply with something related.

I am already in a Open Source project and I am really happy with it.  I
like to see that I have helped neighbours of the world.  I do not have the
time right now to contribute to FreeBSD, but if sometime I have it, I will
give it with pleasure.

I just wanted to comment that there is people in latin-america interested
in a FreeBSD desktop variant.  I was not expecting a gift from heaven.  I
could have sounded that I was writing a letter to Santa Claus, but I
wasn't.  I was just commenting (from my heart).  I do not expect nothing.

The hackers@ list is also a philosophical discussion list and there are
people with a lot of experience that can add their knowledge to discussion
threads, even if thread started in a very stupid way.  Therefore please,
don't correct me with the subject I write to list (unless I start to
insult people ;-).  You will find a lot of examples more shallow in the
archives.  Anyway I could argue a top-down approach.

I really appreciate the time you took writing us email.  At least you gave
us your opinion.

Best regards,

Braulio

P.S.:  I am cc-ing to the list, I hope this does not bother you.  I just
do it in the case someone thought like you.