My project wish-list for the next 12 months

Eric Masson e-masson at kisoft-services.com
Thu Dec 2 01:00:00 PST 2004

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott Long <scottl at freebsd.org> writes:

Hi,

 Scott> 1. Keyboard multiplexer. We are running into problems with
 Scott> making ps/2 and USB/bluetooth keyboards work together and work
 Scott> with KVMs. Having a virtual keyboard device that multiplexes the
 Scott> various real keyboard devices and handles hotplug can solve this
 Scott> mess pretty effectively. I know that there has been a lot of
 Scott> talk about this on mailing lists recently but I don't know how
 Scott> much progress is being made so I'm listing it here.

NetBSD's wscons seems to fit in this scheme, OpenBSD has adopted it as
well (the most featured implementation is in NetBSD/i386).

 Scott> 6. Overhaul CAM, add iSCSI. CAM is very parallel-SCSI centric
 Scott> right now. I have some work-in-progress in Perforce to address
 Scott> this, but it's pretty minimal. The parallel SCSI knowledge needs
 Scott> to be separated out and the stack need to be able to cleanly
 Scott> deal with iSCSI, SCSI, SAS, and maybe even ATA transports. There
 Scott> is a Lucent implementation of iSCSI for FreeBSD 4.x that could
 Scott> be a useful reference, though it's a monolithic stack that
 Scott> doesn't really address the shortcomings of CAM. Having iSCSI
 Scott> infrastructure that supported both hardware and software
 Scott> implementations would be ideal.

It would be really nice to be able to play in the iscsi field. It seems
that work has been done in this area by Wasabi (not published in NetBSD,
iirc)

Very appealing goals, if only I were a decent coder...

Éric Masson

--
 je pense pas que ce soit toi....tu es bien trop vicieux pour agir de
 cette façon. Toi ton genre, c'est plus de contacter banque direct en