Serial consoles and remote GDB

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Mon Aug 30 10:00:36 PDT 2004

Are you sure that your serial line is configured with the
right baud rate?

I also encountered something like this when additional programs
were reading form the serial line and stole characters from gdb.
( terminal emulators for testing, getty? ...)

Your /boot/loader.conf should look somewhat like:

console=comconsole

hint.sio.1.flags=0x80

boot_ddb=1
boot_gdb=1