slow login, app launching, etc

Bagus bagus at cox.net
Fri Aug 27 12:01:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP on bagus.org.

I've been running it for a few years. Recently, after normal performance,
I've been experiencing extremely slow login prompt appearance, extremely
slow application launching and what bugs me the most is the extremely slow
response time of my java-web server. OTher functionality is ok. It serves
html files just fine and also basic command line response is fine.

Anyone out there have any clues as to what it could be? I'm kind of guessing
it has something to do with some name resolution somewhere, but I'm not
sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bagus.