actual boot device

Sergey Lyubka devnull at uptsoft.com
Tue Aug 17 09:25:55 PDT 2004

I am booting kernel directly from bootblock, and do not have
boot loader, so kenv does not work.

certainly, sysctl kern.bootfile points to /kernel,
but it does not tell anything.

The actual device may be floppy, CF card or harrdisk,
and I do not have any means of figuring it out.

--
Sergey Lyubka, Network Security Consultant
NetFort ISS Ltd, Galway, Ireland