Compiling Kernel Module with Current Kernel Options

cd_freebsd cd_freebsd at gatorzone.com
Wed Aug 4 12:38:38 PDT 2004

I have an SMP machine, so after installing the GENERIC version of FreeBSD 4.7, I created my own version of the kernel that included SMP support and DDB.

Being a device driver writer, I created my Makefile just as perscribed, but when I compiled my code, the SMP define was not set. It appears that the build process did not include the options found in opt_global.h.

How do you build a driver that includes the proper options? Is there something special I have to do to make these options available to my driver?