FreeBSD and MySQL - mysqld eats CPU alive

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Sun Aug 1 14:55:38 PDT 2004

On Saturday 31 July 2004 21:08, adp wrote:
> I recently posted the following message to MySQL discussion list. The
> response there, and the one I keep finding on Google, is that this is a
> long-standing issue betweeen FreeBSD and MySQL. For me this has been
> happening since FreeBSD 4.4.

I don't have any additional info about the problem, but as you say it does
seem to be a long-standing issue.  The hosting company I use
(johncompanies.com -- highly recommended) has a "nanny" script that you may
find useful:

http://www.johncompanies.com/collocation/knowledge/freebsd_mysqld_nanny.txt

HTH,

JN