Wireless Embedded monitoring

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 23 14:07:00 PDT 2003

In message: <Pine.GSO.4.10.10309231430260.28875-100000 at pcnet5.pcnet.com>
            Daniel Eischen <eischen at vigrid.com> writes:
: Anyone have any experience with PC/104 or other really small
: footprint platorms and FreeBSD?

Yes.  Works great.  We've used FreeBSD on about two dozen different
single board computers.

: We need to build a small box for equipment monitoring (temperature,
: pressure diff., vibration, indication).  Just a few discrete
: inputs/outputs, and analog inputs would be good enough.  The
: hard part may be sampling an A/D signal at up to 30KHz, so
: having the I/O card do the sampling and buffer it would
: probably be necessary.

I'd recommend one of the Soekris boxes.

: Any ideas on hardware (SBC, I/O board)?

http://www.soekris.com is great.

Warner