IPFW2

Tim Kientzle kientzle at acm.org
Tue Sep 23 10:16:13 PDT 2003

>>>"Sep 22 00:24:13 muc /kernel: ipfw: 3300 Accept TCP 217.10.213.30:4418
>>>217.9.121.209:21 in via fxp0"
>>>
>>>How can I extend on FreeBSD 4.8 (ipfw2) the log contens to see the tranfered
>>>data File and the amount of bytes went out? Thank you in advance for your

tcpdump can be used to capture the full contents of particular packets.
Use -w to write captured packets to a file, -r to read that
file and examine the captured packets.  Design your tcpdump
capture expression carefully unless you have a lot of disk space.

Port 21 is FTP, so I presume you're trying to monitor FTP
activity.  If you're using FreeBSD's ftpd, look at
the -l and -S options (which provide fairly detailed
logging of FTP activity).  In particular, specifying
-l twice claims to provide detailed logging of each
transfer.

Tim Kientzle