linksys USB 200M

Dave Hastings fatdave at unixbeast.com
Thu Sep 18 13:28:46 PDT 2003

Hello all.  I have FreeBSD 5.1 installed from the distribution CD's from FreeBSD.org.
I also have a linksys USB200M usb ethernet device that doesn't seem to want to cooporate.
It looks from the dmesg that it is almost working.  I was just wondering if there is a fix for this yet ?
School just started again and I need to access the internet from my machine.
Posted is the part of the dmesg that shows whats going on.
It just hangs on this forever.

Thanks, Dave

axe0: Linksys product 0x2226, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2
axe0: Ethernet address: 00:ee:dd:c3:3c:f0
axe0: read PHY failed
axe0: read PHY failed
axe0: read PHY failed
axe0: read PHY failed
miibus1: <MII bus> on axe0
ukphy0: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface> on miibus1
axe0: write PHY failed
axe0: read PHY failed
axe0: read PHY failed