Any workarounds for Verisign .com/.net highjacking?

Michael Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Tue Sep 16 18:00:56 PDT 2003

* Clifton Royston <cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com> [030916 20:22]:
>   I found most of the discussion seems to be going on on NANOG.
> (Apparently they're not the first, BTW; some CC TLDs have been doing it
> for a while, as have some of the new TLDs like .museum.  It's just that
> it was a noise-level problem until it affected .com and .net)

In particular, many of the countries where domain names are their
"primary export" (think .nu, .cc, etc) do this.  Some of them have
seperate MX records, too, so all mail to non-existant domains gets
shunted off somewhere.

On the flip side, the people who run .bix and .info (?) tried the same
stunt as Verisign a few months back, and if I remember my news blurbs
right, the US Gov't asked them to stop.

--Mike