4.8-stable kernel panic

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sun Sep 14 21:06:57 PDT 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 sysadmin at wvths.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's been almost a month now since I posted the original message on the
> list and I'm wondering about the progress on resolving this problem.
>
> I still can reproduce the panics after cvs-supping to RELENG_4 ~ 23:00 EDT
> today.
>
> Thanks much.

Ooops, I forgot to follow up on this.

Ok, a few questions:

1.  Can you compile INVARIANTS and INVARIANT_SUPPORT into your kernel?
That might help us track down the problem.

2.  What does your network setup look like?  Are you using divert sockets,
is there ppp in action, etc.

I believe that I tried out your script at the time, and I couldn't find it
to cause any problems on my system.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack