FreeBSD on Intel Server Board SE7501WV2

Yaoping Ruan yruan at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Sep 11 10:36:38 PDT 2003

Hello,

We plan to install FreeBSD on an Intel Server Board SE7501WV2 with 1 XEON
2.4GHz CPU, 4GB PC2100 DDR memory, and a Seagate 120GB ATA 7200RPM
harddisk, and use the server box for high demand SpecWeb99 tests. Does
anyone have any experience on this Server Board, and see any compatibility
problem here? The reason I am asking is that we had some kernel
compatibility issues on other Intel Board.

An other question about this box is the two on-board Gigabit Network
Controller. Do they work fine on FreeBSD? May I use fiber Giganet NCI like
Netgear GA621 on it?

Any thoughts/information are welcome.

Thanks a lot

- Yaoping Ruan