NFS mounts and jails

Nielsen nielsen at memberwebs.com
Tue Sep 9 18:30:15 PDT 2003

> As far as I know, that means that NFS partition has to be mounted
> (redundantly?) for each jail, even in (in my case), they'll all be
> access in the the same way (eg. read-only).

Yup, that's right.

> - is my assertion correct; that is, do I need to redundantly mount
>   the same NFS partition for each jail for each jail to access it?

As far as I know, yes that's the case. If you're mounting the same system
however you may want to look into mount_null. Yes, there are cache issues,
and these have been discussed multiple times (see the archives), but I've
used null mounts successfully in read-only mode for several years now
without problems.

Cheers,
Nate