Serial ATA 4.8 Installation -help

florian mettetal falieson at falsworld.com
Mon Sep 8 19:41:40 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I have built a brand new system founded on an Asus P4PE motherboard, and
using the FastTrack raid function I have turned my two Maxtor 80GB
Serial ATA (now reffered to as SATA) hard drives into a Mirror raid.

Proceeding to start the installation of FreeBSD 4.8-stable I selected
Standard Install, Press ok at the pop up, then at the following popup I
am confronted with FreeBSD telling me that "No disks found! Please
verify that your disk controller is being properly probed at boot time".
Has anyone else had this issue? Is this problem fixed in FreeBSD 5.X .
What can I do to get this to work in FreeBSD 4.8?

Thanks for all who reply!

Best Regards,
Florian Mettetal