PUzzling sshd behaviour

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 8 14:15:09 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 03:59:51PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> My solution is to install and setup dnscache to do the local DNS cache.

DNS cache sounds like it caches DNS records after a successfull
DNS query, right ?

The problem at my clients project was, that the DNS server
a) wasn't reachable from time to time because they played
   around with a pix firewall in a cat6k
b) these particular OOB IPs and the sun's IPs were not in
   DNS database

So ... I assume a dns *cache* wouldn't have brought any better
functionality. We still would have needed a functionality in
sshd, to turn off reverse lookup entirely ...
The suns have already been secured by firewalls so no real need
for this reverse lookup feature.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/