libwrap crash

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Oct 30 12:47:48 PST 2003

On 30 Oct 2003 at 9:42, Dan Langille wrote:

> I've been tracking down a libwrap call which crashes the application.
>  The crash occurs on line 395 of contrib/tcp_wrappers/options.c, but
> I have no idea.

I've been given some help in this offline.  Apparently, the bacula
code is incorrectly using hosts_access. bacula should fork before it
calls hosts_access because hosts_access will kill you on twist.
Otherwise, you'll get either a deny or an allowed, and the thread
continue from here.

My offline helper was comparing the inetd source code.  I can't find
any reference in host_options(5) or host_access(3) which point to the
correct usage.

Is the FreeBSD documentation incomplete?  Is there a more accurate
documentation I can point the bacula developers to?

FYI: The bacula approach is said to work under Linux and Solaris but
I have yet to run my reproducible tests on those platforms.

Thank you.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/