hosts_access(3) - correct usage?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed Oct 29 06:38:58 PST 2003

Is this the right way to use hosts_access?  The code blows up during
the hosts_access call.  I'm told it runs OK on Linux/Solaris.  I'm
wonderding if there's something different it needs to do be doing on
FreeBSD.

Thanks

#ifdef HAVE_LIBWRAP
      P(mutex);               /* hosts_access is not thread safe */
      request_init(&request, RQ_DAEMON, my_name, RQ_FILE, newsockfd,
0);
      fromhost(&request);
      if (!hosts_access(&request)) {
     V(mutex);
         Jmsg2(NULL, M_WARNING, 0, _("Connection from %s:%d refused
by hosts.access"),
           inet_ntoa(cli_addr.sin_addr), ntohs(cli_addr.sin_port));
     close(newsockfd);
     continue;
      }
      V(mutex);