how to monitor remote users shell activities best ? watch / snp / ...

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 29 01:06:40 PST 2003

Is there a freebsd tool that shows you in realtime, which users
are logged in from remote using which pty port ?

So to say something like
while true
do
	clear; w; sleep 10
done

Preferable as X11 application.

Cool would be options like:
- log the snooped data
- show their running processes
- click to pty to fire up xterm with "watch -X <pty>" to snoop
  their current traffic.

Background, I help an open source project and now somebody
is on my local machine, to troubleshoot something, and
I only know this person since a day ... so to say not well.

Then the snp option came to my mind and the question, if
perhaps somebody had done such a monitor for similar purposes.

Remote vendor access and such things come to my mind.

Of course I would ask him if its o.k. for him, that I
can snoop his terminal traffic, better to play with
open cards.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/