Intel PILA 8460B LAN adapter

Sergey V. Belov bsv at csite.ru
Mon Oct 27 01:45:12 PST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:53:27 +0100
Marius Strobl <marius at alchemy.franken.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 01:09:25AM +0400, Sergey V. Belov wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I had an experience of install this LAN adapter on latest FreeBSD RELENG_4_8 (4.8p13):
> > PILA 8460B \ EtherExpress PRO/100+ Server Adapter (PCI; TPE; 100 / 10 Mbps).
> > After install, this card has not been responsed; but with following patch card is worked
> > perfectly over three weeks.
> > Comments?
> > Finally, I should be glad to see this changes in the main source tree.
> >

> Apart from that patch being wrong, support for this card was added to
> RELENG_4 on June 12. If you update to 4-stable or upcoming 4.9-release
> you will get it.

Thanks for the reply, but why that change is not in RELENG_4_8 yet?
And than, what's wrong with the patch that give me working card? I'm not a "kernel hacker",
so more detailed comments are welcome.

--
Sergey V. Belov (aka Argail) \ UNIX: Live free or die.
Now listening: J. S. Bach - Fugue (BWV 582)