FreeBSD mail list etiquette

Kip Macy kmacy at fsmware.com
Sat Oct 25 14:15:46 PDT 2003

> I for one am very glad you're not a member of the FreeBSD community.
> And given that you've found a place with DragonFly, there's little
> chance that you become part of FreeBSD community in the future. For

As stated previously, I'm not, nor have I ever been, a "member" of
DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, or Linux. I've just done
work in the first two and the last. So don't slur those who choose to
define themselves as members with all the various evils that you appear
to want to attribute to me.

> that I'm also very glad. So, all in all, I'm very glad DragonFly
> exists. Now even more than before. Because besides the technical
> divergence it also seems to have the effect of purifying the FreeBSD
> community from those who are dumb enough to make a fool of themselves,

FreeBSD is not yet "pure", but people like you and phk are helping to
ensure that every day it becomes more "pure". And once again, I thank
you both for your efforts.

> and indirectly the project, race and species they're associated with
> or otherwise belong to. Unfortunately, that's still 2 out of 3 for
> me, but then again life wouldn't be so much fun for me if it wasn't
> for guys like you Kip. I can handle the embarrassment, so do stick
> around...

Ouch. That truly is all encompassing. It is unfortunate that there isn't
a competitive demand for people who are talented at making snide remarks.
You and a couple of other notables would be very well off. It is also
unfortunate that people like you and phk are the most vocal members of the
FreeBSD community. There are so many good, kind, and talented people out
there.

			-Kip