FreeBSD mail list etiquette

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Oct 25 13:15:24 PDT 2003

In message <20031025124518.F41344 at demos.bsdclusters.com>, Kip Macy writes:

>We've benefited from the fact that members of the FreeBSD
>community, through racist remarks and endless flames, and a key member of
>core, through the indefinite postponement of a commit-bit, have alienated
>him. Thus providing us with a, perhaps small, but nonetheless, valuable
>resource.

<IRONY>
I suggest we donate a big statue to DragonFlyBSD.

We could for instance inscribe it with "Give me your tired, your
poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
</IRONY>

Kip,

If you had managed to delude anybody to think you wanted peaceful
cooperation between the projects, this email from you probably
dispelled that notion pretty fast.

For the last ten years, the NetBSD, OpenBSD and FreeBSD projects
have had a tacit agreement not to post propaganda and inflamatory
accusations to each others email lists (what project members do in
their own projects is of course a different matter).

I, and I think other members of FreeBSD, would appreciate it if
the members of DragonflyBSD would adhere to this peace-keeping
rule as well.

Poul-Henning