modified files for: process checkpoint restore facility now in DragonFly BSD

Kip Macy kmacy at fsmware.com
Wed Oct 22 23:06:41 PDT 2003

> You seem to have mistaken hackers at freebsd.org for hackers at dragonflybsd.org.

Thank you Poul for taking the time to correct me. Although checkpointing
was a specifically requested feature for FreeBSD, it was, given the
circumstances, an unforgivable error for me to announce it on a FreeBSD
list. The module was implemented in a fork of the code base and hence is
clearly irrelevant.

Particularly when contrasted with fascinating discussions about
bikesheds, bringing up a mundane facility for serializing and
deserializing process state truly only adds to the noise
on the list.

> Please don't make this mistake again.

Once again my sincerest apologies. I'm flattered that someone who has
made such fundamental contributions to the state of the art in FreeBSD as
phkmalloc and the beerware license would condescend to correct me.

I was so ashamed of myself for being so oblivious as to think that
FreeBSD might still bear some relevance to DragonFly that I
unsubscribed from all of the FreeBSD mailing lists, thus ensuring
that I never make the same mistake again. I've CC'ed the list so
that all might read my apology and know of your kindness in gently
informing me off-list.

I'm certain that your keen insights and low-key charisma, as demonstrated
by this thoughtful e-mail, will help to ensure the continued growth of
FreeBSD as a dynamic thriving community. Thanks.

					-Kip