Some mmap observations compared to Linux 2.6/OpenBSD

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Oct 22 01:29:55 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:22:35PM +1000, Q wrote:

> Can someone comment on whether this is something that has been done
> intentionally, or avoided in favour of some other yet to be implemented
> solution? Or is it still on someones todo list.

You can consult the FreeBSD and OpenBSD CVS repositories
(http://cvsweb.freebsd.org, the equivalent OpenBSD URL is listed on
their website) to find the history of this code.  I don't know if
there is any Linux source history browser because of the historical
lack of published revision control files for the kernel.

Kris