rsync vs installworld

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Oct 20 02:54:43 PDT 2003

In message: <20031020134508.P36677 at woozle.rinet.ru>
            Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> writes:
: On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: MWL> In message: <200310200705.JAA06855 at galaxy.hbg.de.ao-srv.com>
: MWL>             Helge Oldach <helge.oldach at atosorigin.com> writes:
: MWL> : Rsync doesn't deal with file flags (chflags(2)). Thus my personal
: MWL> : preference for updating machines is making installworld on a file system
: MWL> : exported by the build server.
: MWL>
: MWL> I'm looking for ways to avoid having NFS run on the network in
: MWL> question at all.
:
: netpipe by dds@ then? The first drawback of course is that netpipe opens
: back-connection which isn't good for strict firewalls, but I think this could
: be avoided by inventing something like "passive netpipe" mode...

I'm not familiar with this.  Can you proivde a URL?

Warner