Benchmarking kqueue() performance?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Fri Oct 17 11:57:08 PDT 2003

Hi,

I sent a private e-mail to Jonathan Lemon about this,
but thought I would ask the larger FreeBSD community about
this as well.

Does anyone have any sample code which can be used
to benchmark the performance of kqueue() vs. select()?

I am interested in setting up a test which handles
a large number of events.  I am interested in seeing
the scalability of kqueue() as the number of events
increases.

I am also interested in looking at kqueue() performance
in multithreaded environments....maybe with the new
KSE implementation in CURRENT.

Thanks.

--
Craig Rodrigues