setting sio to even parity failed

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Sat Oct 11 14:44:13 PDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 03:17:13PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20031010183346.GH13791 at cicely12.cicely.de>
>             Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> : On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:26:33PM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
> : > In the last episode (Oct 10), Bernd Walter said:
> : > >         buf.c_iflag |= IGNBRK;
> : > >         buf.c_cflag &= ~(CSIZE | PARODD);
> : > >         buf.c_cflag |= CS8 | CLOCAL | PARENB;
> : >
> : > Do you maybe want CS7 here?
> :
> : No I need 8e1, but the output still looks like 8n1.
>
> 8e1?  You want 8 data bits plus a nineth parity bit?

Exactly - 11 bit-times per dataword.
But the problem is already identified and was not on the FreeBSD
side as I wrote in another mail.
Now I'm worried with the sending timing - maybe I should switch to
uftdi based serials, because they have large fifos and also have
a transmitter enable output for half-duplex operation.
Currently I handle transmitter enabling via RTS line from userland,
which leaves a potential for not having the transmitter disabled when
the accessed slave answers.

ticso at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de