FreeBSD 5.1 via8233 module no sound

HagenKühl nornagest at hackerboard.de
Wed Oct 8 10:46:45 PDT 2003

Hello folks,
a good friend of mine has some problems with the snd_via8233.ko sound driver
module.
He uses an Asus A7V8X-X mainboard with an via VT8233 AC97 compatible sound device
(as scanpci says) and he's got no sound at all.

#cat /dev/sndstat shows:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Via Vt8235> at io 0xe000 irq 3 (5p/1r/0v channels duplex default)

scanpci shows:

VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 AC97 Audio Controller

On my laptop, where I use the same driver, I sometimes have a similar problem,
but when I change the volume it works. (at my friends computer it doesn't help)

I hope someone here knows help, or can do something, cause both of us
can't hack the driver to work or something and we don't know how to fix it
otherways.

Hagen

--
Scientia est potentia!