netisr

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Tue Oct 7 07:46:39 PDT 2003

Hi folks,

 I'm studying the network stack and now I'm confronted with something
 called netisr. It seems ether_demux puts the packet in a netisr queue
 instead of passing it directly to ip_input (if that was the packet's
 type). Is this derived from LRP ? I've read their paper and it looks
 like their network channel (ni) but I'm not sure. I also read about it
 in 5.2 TODO list about fine-grained locking.

 Where can I find more information on this?

 Thanks

 --
 Giovanni P. Tirloni <gpt at tirloni.org>
 Fingerprint: 8C3F BEC5 79BD 3E9B EDB8  72F4 16E8 BA5E D031 5C26