Changing the NAT IP on demand?

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Mon Oct 6 15:55:48 PDT 2003

On Monday 06 October 2003 06:43, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> Note, I think this configuration would be useful in a lot of other
> applications as well.  Consider someone who can get, say, a 128k
> symmetric DSL line, and a 56k up 1M down satellite link.  If using
> this "trick" you could direct latency sensitive (ssh, telnet, ntp)
> traffic over the DSL line, and send bulk data (http, ftp) over the
> satellite link that could be quite useful.
>
> I think I'm going to have to set up a lab box now and dig into this
> at a deeper level.

Linux apparently has some software available to does at least part of this;
others who have asked similar questions in the past have referred to such
capabilities.  A grep through the archives might be in order, but I can't
recall enough to give you a guideline on what to search for.  Maybe 'nat' and
'multiple' or something like that.  Good luck!

Wes Peters                                              wes at softweyr.com