lost labels

Brandon D. Valentine brandon at dvalentine.com
Sun Nov 30 12:45:18 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 06:51:14PM +0100, martin wrote:
> Greetings,
> I've encouted little difficuluty, don't know what exactly has happend, but
> after installing W2K on the other disk, disklabel on my primary disk
> disappeard
>
> Is there a chance I can see my data again?

If the partitions are still there and you're only missing the disklabel,
ports/sysutils/gpart should be able to reconstruct the disklabel.  There
are dozens of bootable Linux-based rescue CD that include the gpart tool
in case your FreeBSD isn't functional enough to install gpart onto.  Hit
Google.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon at dvalentine.com                                 http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  autumn is a season of relaxation and aesthetics