NFS Flags Oddity

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Nov 26 22:53:10 PST 2003

On Thursday 27 November 2003 16:43, Kris Kirby wrote:
> FreeBSD (4.9-RC) doesn't appear to "export" schg flags over NFS.  You've
> got to shell in locally to the machine to move the schg flags; ls -lao
> doesn't report them over NFS, but does list them locally.

I didn't think flags were a concept NFS understood..

(And hence why you should NFS mount /usr/src & /usr/obj to install kernels,
not mount the dest machine on the server and use DESTDIR=)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5