interrupt statistics

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Nov 21 00:53:07 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:49:52AM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> des at des.no (Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav) writes:
> > Peter Pentchev <roam at ringlet.net> writes:
> >> Awwighty, attached is a patch that converts getuptime() and dointr() to
> >> use sysctl, and then adds the -a option to display all interrupts.
> >> This one was tested on both RELENG_4 and HEAD (ref5) :)
> > [...]
>
> Why don't you use sysctlbyname(3) instead of juggling with numeric
> names?

Point taken.  I was going to attach a patch that uses sysctlbyname(3),
fixes another buglet in the !VMSTAT_SYSCTL case (and is less intrusive),
and removes the intrcnt/intrnames-related namelist definitions for the
VMSTAT_SYSCTL case.  However, it seems to have "issues" on 64-bit
platforms, or at least beast.  I'm working on it.

I'll send a separate reply to your other message about the '???' and
stray irq's.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at sbnd.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.