Multiple IPs in Jail

Pawel Jakub Dawidek nick at garage.freebsd.pl
Fri Nov 14 03:57:11 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:01:23AM -0800, FB wrote:
+> Before the patch was applied, the jail environment had no problem with dns.
+> After the patch was applied  however (and userland rebuilt both on host and
+> jail), dns breaks in the jail environment. Basically, gethostbyname  fails
+> and h_errno is set to 2 - Host name lookup failure. the system is configured
+> properly, since the only changes  are to the kernel and the modified jail
+> mechanism. Also interesting is that the failure is immediate, there is no
+> timeout.

Gethostbyname(3) always fails?

You could try this patch againt recent -CURRENT, but I haven't added
anything - for me gethostbyname(3) in jail works fine.

	http://garage.freebsd.pl/patches/mijail5_2.patch

Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel at dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://cerber.sourceforge.net