Linux vs FreeBSD clusters

Luiz Eugenio Fernandes Tenorio left at typhon.ufal.br
Wed Nov 12 11:18:09 PST 2003

Hi,

	We have a 64 node cluster entire based on FreeBSD 5.1 for high
performance computing at the Federal University of Alagoas
(http://www.typhon.ufal.br). It has 36 Dell Pentium IV 2.4GHz nodes and
36 Gateway Atlhon 1GHz using a fast-ethernet network (the peak
performance for Dell machines, measured with xhpl, is 37 Gflops).
	Applications may use MPI for inter-process communication. For the
cluster management we are testing the Ganglia
(http://ganglia.sourceforge.net) and for scheduling the Maui
(http://supercluster.org/maui).

[]'s
left