geom_mirror implementation

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Sun Nov 9 03:45:40 PST 2003

David Schultz <das at FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> > Hi hackers@,
> >
> > I've played around with GEOM a bit and beefed up geom_mirror, which is
> > already in the tree but not built yet.
> >
> > You can find the patch at <http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/geom.diff>.
>
> Hmm...I believe geom_mirror is supposed to be an example, and
> geom_ccd is supposed to be the production mirroring implementation.
> ccd does have its quirks, though...

Last time I checked ccd needed to be manually reconfigured to run in
degraded mode and sync is not possible. In my book that's not good
enough for production.

Furthermore it would be nice with a mirror implementation that
automatically syncs the mirror after an unclean shutdown.

--
Best regards
    Christian Laursen