Kylix in FreeBSD

Rod Person rodperson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 17:55:49 PST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 09:09 am, It was written:
> If you futs with getting Kylix to run under FreeBSD, don't forget the
> special glibc requirements that some versions of Kylix have. Maybe you
> should probably simply replace the entire /compat userland with the
> userland of a distro that Kylix supprorts _with_ kylix extra patches
> installed?

Marco,

Have you tried this? Since Kylix came out I have tried to get it to run on
FreeBSD and various Linux distros. A few days ago I got kylix to run on SuSE
8.2 (from the kylix newsgroups this seems to be the best distro for it).
NetBSDs Linux emulation is based on SuSE, isn't it? But, I found no postings
related to Kylix on NetBSD. My next wondering is would NetBSD Linux emu run
under FreeBSD and would this run kylix?

--
Rod

@ Home So No Cool Signature