Sound Blaster Audigy LS problem

Anthony Schneider anthony at x-anthony.com
Tue Nov 4 08:36:57 PST 2003

Well, it appears from your page that this driver will not work on
5.1-RELEASE (as stated from i guess 2003-10-19).  I tried building your
driver (on 5.1-RELEASE-p10), and it seemed that i just needed to add

#define PCIR_BARS 0x10
#define PCIR_BAR(x)(PCIR_BARS + (x) * 4)

and also strip (yes, bad) some arguments from busdma_tag_create() to
successfully build.  are these differences (addition of PCIR_BAR and
PCI_BARS macros and altered prototype of busdma_tag_create()) ones that
we can expect to be moving *towards* in -CURRENT, or are they ones we
have moved away from with -RELEASE?

also, do you think that by just redefining the PCI id to match my card's
PCI id for EMU10K2 would fix my problem if the lockfunc and lockarg
were returned back to to busdma_tag_create() (assuming i moved to
-CURRENT where I expect they currently reside)?  do you perhaps know
if the audigy ls card uses an audigy 2 chipset?  after much searching
i could not find any datasheet-style information on the audigy ls
beyond the usual frequency and decibel measurements on creative's
specification link on the product page for this card.

thank you very much for your response.
-Anthony.