FreeBSD 5.1-p10 reproducible crash with Apache2

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Mon Nov 3 06:04:17 PST 2003

* "Branko F. Gra?nar" (bfg at noviforum.si) wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Today i added the following lines in my kernel config and i recompiled
> kernel:
>
> makeoptions    DEBUG=-g
> options        DDB
> options        INVARIANTS
> options        INVARIANT_SUPPORT
> options        WITNESS
>

> I reran apache2 ssl test with jmeter. Machine stopped responding after
> 3-4 seconds (keyboard and console are unresponsible, machine doesn't
> respond to ping, sshd stops responding...)

 [ I couldn't find this thread on the archives so I'm jumping in blind. ]

 Perhaps you're being livelocked by so many interrupts hitting the
 system that it doesn't do anything productive and only stays there
 handling interrupts.

 Can you try polling (http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/polling/) ?

 --
 Giovanni P. Tirloni <gpt at tirloni.org>
 Fingerprint: 8C3F BEC5 79BD 3E9B EDB8  72F4 16E8 BA5E D031 5C26