Network stack cloning / virtualization patches

Marko Zec zec at tel.fer.hr
Fri May 30 14:03:33 PDT 2003

Sean Chittenden wrote:

> can it be broken down into a smaller set of commits?

No it can't. That's probably the biggest problem with the network stack
cloning concept - you can either properly virtualize the entire stack or do
no virtualization at all. Therefore even if I ever succeed in bringing the
patch in full sync with -CURRENT, I assume that many people would stand out
against it to be incorporated to the main source tree, as the patch would
significantly change pretty much of the code in the net* portions of the
kernel tree...

At the moment your best option is to try out the available version (against
4.8-R), report any bugs you encounter, and provide suggestions for further
reengineering...

Cheers,

Marko