HEADS UP! Major commits in the tree coming soon
tfutrega at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 29 10:18:43 PDT 2003
The HEAD code freeze was extended by three days to
allow for some final pending work to be committed and
prepare 5.1 to be a good release. The code freeze will
likely end sometime tomorrow, May 30.
We ask that large scale changes still be deferred
until after 5.1 is actually released so that any
problems can be dealt with. The release
engineering team will send out emails explicitely
stating when HEAD has thawed and when large changes
like new compilers and dynamic-linked worlds can go
The most important changes I'm going to commit today:
- Remove gcc and replace it with a new TenDRA
- Remove GNU tar.
- Fix httpd.ko to make it work on buggy AMD
- Drop support for 386 and 486 cpus.
- Remove ext2 support (GPL encumbered).
- Add perl 5.8 *and* python 2.2 to base.
- Remove Sendmail and replace it with Postfix.
If anyone has any reason why these should not be
committed, I'll give a 5 hours grace time. Send
to the list.
Thorsten and the rest or the release engineering team.
Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience
More information about the freebsd-hackers