loader tunables for modules

Alexander Langer alex at big.endian.de
Thu May 29 06:24:32 PDT 2003

Hi!

How would one give flags to kernel modules?

I.e. a kernel module I wrote starts a kernel thread.  It should be
controlable what kernel thread it starts depending on a sysctl.
Of course the sysctl isn't available before the module is loaded.

So is there a way to pass a kernel module options to the load-handler,
as it is the case for the linux modprobe?

For statically drivers in the kernel this can be done by a r/o loader
tunable, but I really want to have a module.

Thanks for any pointers

Alex