cvs commit: src/release/alpha dokern.sh drivers.conf

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue May 20 09:23:46 PDT 2003

In message: <200305201733.43619.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
: Currently I don't see a way of extracting PCI IDs from module source in a
: standard way which means the lists would have to be maintained manually and
: that would _suck_. Perhaps some standard struct array could be used, and if
: it isn't present then you can't do a guess about whether to load the module
: or not, so you just prompt the user.

One of things on my list is to make it possible to have more than just
PCI id's extractable from drivers.  It is needed for devd so it can
load the right things when it encounters devices for which there are
no drivers.  If the loader wants to do it too, that would be fine, but
the only thing that I can think of that doing it in the loader would
buy you that doing it in devd wouldn't is the ability to kldload the
driver(s) necessary for the root device and not have them hard coded
in your /boot/loader.conf file.

Warner