Supposed lack of code from Apple

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 14 08:14:33 PDT 2003

On 14-May-2003 Wes Peters wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2003 01:57, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>>
>> jkh at freebsd-> grep DOOFUS /usr/include/sys/errno.h
>> #define EDOOFUS         88              /* Programming error */
>
> I think your tie is knotted a bit too snugly, it's cutting off the flow
> of blood into your brain.
>
> If Apple wants to import FreeBSD code (it has been a very one-way
> street, hasn't it?)

Just a comment here.  I think this last statement is bull.  Apple
has made lots of bugfixes to our code available in Darwin.  All it
takes is for someone to extract their lazy rear from a chair and
import those fixes.  We don't import our fixes into Darwin, Darwin
developers do that.  In the same way, it is rather absurd to
require Darwin developers to backport their fixes to FreeBSD.  That
is the job of FreeBSD developers.  As an example of how this can
work, see the recent fixes to smbfs that bp@ imported from Darwin.