wi network driver woes

Stacy Olivas olivas at digiflux.org
Wed May 14 03:17:25 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 9:24 pm, you wrote:
> In message: <200305131530.41493.olivas at digiflux.org>
>
>             Stacy Olivas <olivas at digiflux.org> writes:
> : I've ran into some strangeness with the wi wireless network card driver
> : under a PicoBSD build (WarBSD).
> :
> : I can get the kernel to recognize PCMCIA card services and detect the
> : WLAN NIC at startup, but if you try to use it for anything you get the
> : following error:
> :
> : wi0: watchdog timeout
>
> Interrupts are wrong.
>
> : And, if you remove the NIC from the PCMCIA card slot and re-insert it,
> : the system doesn not automatically re-detect it...
>
> Interrupts are wrong.
>
> : Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work?
>
> Use the right interrupts.
>
> Warner

:)

Thanks Warner.  When I was building the kernel, I had forgot to update the
.hints file to match it.

The wi driver now works on one of my systems..  Funny thing, it still doesn't
work on another system (old laptop).  Oh well..  That will be the next thing
to look into.  But, at least it DOES work now on one system.  yay!

Many thanks.

-Stacy