Periodic email about security notifications

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 4 09:31:57 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:49:38PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend asked me a while ago on IRC if it was possible to receive
> periodic email notifications with new security advisories.
>
> The following script for /etc/periodic/security implements exactly this
> idea.  It depends on lynx(1) to run, which isn't part of the base
> system, so I'm not sure if it's ok to add it to the base system at all.
> Here it is for anyone who might find it useful though:

Hey, that's great, Giorgos!
But how come you are not using www/en/security/advisories.xml ?

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org . jvidrine at verio.net . nectar at freebsd.org . nectar at kth.se