[hackers] Re: Realtek

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at ofug.org
Mon Mar 31 15:25:08 PST 2003

"Matthew N. Dodd" <winter at jurai.net> writes:
> What model and bios revision?  (Find out with the 'vpd' driver or go
> into the BIOS setup.)

Yep, a 600E (2645BG).  I don't know exactly what BIOS version I have,
but I kept it fairly up to date until a fellow committer who shall
remain nameless ran off with the floppy about a year and a half ago.
If there's any way to flash the BIOS from Windows, I can try that.

Regarding vpd, some documentation (at least in NOTES) would be nice.
I shouldn't have to RTFS to understand what you're talking about.

> It won't work at all with ACPI; don't use it.

"don't use ACPI" or "don't use sio"?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at ofug.org