PLEASE REVIEW: Adding a pci_if method to facilitate specialized PCI bus drivers

Thomas Moestl t.moestl at tu-bs.de
Fri Jun 27 10:52:19 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003/06/27 at 13:37:00 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On 13-Jun-2003 Thomas Moestl wrote:
> > This requires us to get this firmware property in the OFW PCI bus
> > driver before routing the interrupt; that can't be done in the pcib
> > route_interrupt method, since we don't know whether we are routing for
> > another bridge (where we use whichever index we get passed) or for a
> > child device (in which case we would need to look at the firmware
> > property).
>
> Actually, can't you tell this by doing:
>
>         if (device_get_parent(device_get_parent(dev)) == pcib)
>                 /* Routing direct child. */
>         else
>                 /* Routing descedent of a child bridge. */

No, pcib will always be a grandparent of dev. When routing a
descendant child bridge, dev will itself be the device_t of a bridge,
otherwise it is that of the device we are routing to.

	- Thomas

--
Thomas Moestl <t.moestl at tu-bs.de>	http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/
              <tmm at FreeBSD.org>		http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tmm/