How to delete unix socket entries

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 03:27:05 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 12:29:19PM +0400, Varshavchick Alexander wrote:

> But we're talking not about process, but about data structures which
> netstat reports to be active and connected with the above mentioned stream
> socket file:

Terry has already given the answer - I didn't get your "I tried rm'ing the
file but it's not there" mail until this morning. Reboot the machine. People
are always so hesitant to reboot machines, when in fact uptimes of 500 days
just means you're a bad sysadming. Returning your machine to a known state
is always good thing to do - especially in your case. :-)

--
Paul Robinson